Financial innovation and official statistics
Category: International Statistical Institute
The objective of this session is to facilitate an active exchange of views and share the experiences of statistics compilers around the world, aiming to develop a framework on new forms of financial activities and digital assets in the SNA. Opinions from users are also indispensable to construct the new framework. Recording digital assets, which include central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), global stablecoins, and other types of crypto-assets, is one of the most important issues in the discussion of BPM6/2008 SNA update, as mentioned in the guidance note (GN) prepared by the Joint Financial and Payment Systems Task Team (FITT). For example, to find an adequate recording rule for crypto-assets without a corresponding liability (eg bitcoins) is a tough challenge.
- Fintech in statistical classifications: suggestions and tentative figures in a central bank context
- Issues in reflecting digital assets in the official statistics
- Recognizing Fintechs: A graph approach. Automatically classifying companies for statistical purposes.
- The Bundesbank Fintech Monitor: A Feasibility Study
- The rise of crypto-assets: cool breeze or tsunami in balance of payments statistics?