64th ISI World Statistics Congress - Ottawa, Canada

64th ISI World Statistics Congress - Ottawa, Canada


Important notice

Delegates are advised to apply for visas well in advance of the WSC, and before booking non-refundable flight tickets and accommodation. Some general information and links are provided here and will be updated when needed. Please note, the ISI cannot speed up the visa process.

  1. Do I need a visa to enter Canada, and which type of visa do I apply for?

    Please answer the questions via the link for your situation:
    » Click here to Find out if you need a visa to travel to Canada (cic.gc.ca)
  2. Can the ISI provide me with an invitation letter for my visa application?

    When you register online for the WSC, you can request the invitation letter via the system, and it will be available for you to download.
    » Login first with you WSC 2023 Account for the request
  3. How do I find the visa office in my country?

    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offices are located in Canadian embassies, high commissions and consulates. They process visa applications and you can find the closest IRCC office via: Visa offices outside Canada - Canada.ca. You will also find information on
    » Click here for Visa offices outside Canada - Canada.ca.
  4. What is an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) and how do I apply?

    An eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to your passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA. More information on the eTA: Find out about Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - Canada.ca; and the application link and payment information is: Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): How to apply - Canada.ca.
    » Click here for information on the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - Canada.ca
    » Click here for application link and payment Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA): How to apply - Canada.ca.
  5. Do I need to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or take a test before entering Canada?

    The current COVID-19 measures are available online. Please check back before your actual travel date.
    » Click here for COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders - Travel.gc.ca.

Travel tip

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is making technology available at the border to give travellers a more modern and faster experience. ArriveCAN offers the Advance CBSA Declaration feature. This optional feature is for travellers who want to save time at certain Canadian international airports by providing their customs and immigration declaration to the CBSA in advance.

» Click here for: Use ArriveCAN for a faster border experience - Canada.ca

Good to know

To register for 64th ISI World Statistics Congress - Ottawa, Canada or to submit an abstract you must first login to your account. If you don't have an account please register.